The Academic Advising Center provides a quality driven and student-centered environment. The objective of Academic Advising is to inform, assist, and transition all new students with 0-30 credits. Our goal is to ensure that all new students understand the evolving steps of their academic journey through understanding college culture, development of academic plans, and utilizing support services during their first year at Capital Community College.
The Vision of Academic Advising is to provide a multi-faceted approach which ensures that all new students understand and appreciate the college experience, utilize college resources, receive effective and efficient academic advising, and become lifelong learners.
Academic Advising Services:
- Conduct New Student Registration Sessions (NSR).
- Assist students in navigating MyCommNet (college email, blackboard, financial aid, and course selection).
- Connect students to meaningful learning experiences through college readiness programs, cultural and enrichment workshops, college resources, and civic engagement experiences.
- Help students adjust to the academic rigors of Capital Community College.
- Administer Focus 2: Career Assessment (help students to understand the connection between current academic majors and future educational or career options).
- Review the College Resources and steps to a Successful Semester.
- Register all new students for first semester courses.
- Provide students with their assigned academic advisor.
ACADEMIC ADVISING CORE VALUES:
We value providing professional service to prospective and continuing students.
We care about students’ personal and academic success.
We believe in providing opportunities for students to realize their academic potential and reach their professional goals.
|Monday||9am – 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||9am – 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||9am – 5:00pm|
|Thursday||9am – 5:00pm|
|Friday||9am – 3:00pm|