Welcome to your new student online orientation
- Welcome to your new student online orientation
- How to begin your new student online orientation
- Parking, Transportation and Student Handbook
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Helpful Links
Welcome to Capital Community College!
Whether you are a New, Transfer, or Readmit student the New Student Online Orientation will provide you with information related to academic and campus resources as well as student support services that will help you acclimate to the college environment and get the most out of your college experience.
- Fall 2023: Deadline to complete is September 22
- We encourage all students to complete the full orientation prior to meeting with a Guided Pathways (GP) Advisor.
- The orientation takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes to complete entirely.
- You will receive a Certificate of Completion sent to your college email upon completion of all sections and the feedback survey.
- Students who complete the orientation and feedback survey are automatically entered into a CT State Community College giveaway of various items including bookstore vouchers, swag bags, and more!
- It is accessible through mobile, tablet, and computer devices.
- You can bookmark orientation lessons and take virtual notes.
- Ability to stop and go and pick up where you left off.
- Closed Captioning available in English and Spanish.
- Send questions in the “Ask a Question” box.
- Download and print your Certificate of Completion.
5 Steps Before you begin your New Student Online Orientation:
Please make sure that you have completed all of the steps below before you access and complete the CT State Community College – New Student Online Orientation:
Please wait at least 24 hours after you’ve been admitted to CCC before proceeding with the New Student Online Orientation (NSO).
BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR ONLINE NSO:
- Make sure that you’ve completed the required 5 step process before starting the Online NSO.
- Log into your myCommNet account prior to accessing the Online NSO portal.
- Keep in mind your login credentials will be the same for both the myCommNet and the Online NSO portal. For myCommnet assistance click here.
LET’S BEGIN YOUR ONLINE NSO!
- Start your Online NSO lessons here.
- Complete all required lessons within the Online NSO portal.
- Check your college email for your “Certificate of Completion” or download it from your Online NSO dashboard.
- (If Applicable) Complete Your FAFSA & Check the Status of your Financial Aid Award
- Log into myCommNet to check the status of your Financial Aid
- Meet with your Guided Pathways (GP) Advisor
- Transfer Students: Submit your Official College Transcript(s) for a Transfer Credit Evaluation
- Veteran Students: Meet with the Veteran Service Representative
- Register for Classes
- Print your Class Schedule
- Get your College ID
- Get your Textbooks
- Sign up to attend an in-person New Student Orientation at CCC
Tips for academic success!
- Reach out to your professors, Guided Pathways (GP) Advisors, and student support/campus resources
- Plan a schedule on your calendars to manage your time and priorities
- Don’t procrastinate or hesitate to ask for help
- Network with other students and staff members (ask questions)
- Stay healthy
- Go to class with an intention to learn
- Be prepared to take notes
- Study smart – for every hour spent in class, students should spend approximately 2-3 hours studying
- Communicate with respect
- Take responsibility for your education
* (DAY AND EVENING SCHEDULES ARE AVAILABLE) *
How do I access the NewStudent Online Orientation?
Who has access to the New Student Online Orientation?
- All students accepted for Fall 2022 and beyond.
When can I access the New Student Online Orientation?
You can sign-in to complete the New Student Online Orientation 24-hours after being admitted to the college.
What is the estimated completion time?
- 30 – 45 minutes to fully complete.
I did not setup or log into myCommNet yet can I still access the New Student Online Orientation?
- No. You will need to log into myCommNet (Instructions)
I am a transfer or readmit student, do I need to complete the New Student Online Orientation?
- Yes, all students accepted for the Fall 2022 semester and beyond are encouraged to complete the online orientation fully.
Does the New Student Online Orientation have closed captioning?
- Yes. Closed Captioning is available in both English and Spanish.
What is the deadline to complete the New Student Online Orientation?
- You are encouraged to complete the New Student Online Orientation by September 1st.
Do I receive anything after completing the New Student Online Orientation?
- Yes, you will receive a “Certificate of Completion” which is emailed to your college email address. You are also automatically entered into a CT State Community College giveaway with a chance to win a bookstore voucher, swag bag and more.
What if I can’t finish the New Student Online Orientation in one sitting?
- That’s okay! You can complete the New Student Online Orientation at your own pace. It typically takes 30 to 45 minutes to complete fully.
Can I complete this on my cell phone or other mobile device?
- Yes, the New Student Online Orientation is accessible on all mobile, tablet and computer devices.
What do I do if I am unable to access the New Student Online Orientation?
Send an email to CT–StudentO[email protected]
1. First and Last name
2. Student Banner ID number
3. Contact Number
What if I am unable to download my Certificate of Completion?
- First try clicking on the Certificate Tab found on the orientation dashboard. Click on