Our mission is to provide a quality driven and student-centered environment which informs, assists, and transitions all students to Capital Community College.
Our Vision is to provide a multi-faceted approach which ensures all students understand and appreciate the college experience, utilize college resources, receive effective and efficient academic advising, and become lifelong learners.
Our goal as a Guided Pathway Advisor is to ensure all students understand the evolving steps of their academic journey, college culture and the development of academic pathways and career plans.
Guided Pathways Advisor Services:
- Administer FOCUS 2 academic and career-readiness assessments
- Connect students to meaningful learning experiences through college readiness programs, cultural and enrichment workshops, college resources, and civic engagement experiences.
- Facilitate registration sessions for New and Continuing Students
- Facilitate live remote registration sessions each semester
- Register all students and provide them with their assigned advisor
- Review college resources
- Teach students how to navigate myCommNet, college email and Blackboard.
ACADEMIC ADVISING CORE VALUES:
We value providing professional service to prospective and continuing students.
We care about students’ personal and academic success.
We believe in providing opportunities for students to realize their academic potential and reach their professional goals.