Bridge to Morehouse Program
The Bridge to Morehouse (BTM) program is effective beginning the fall of 2022 semester and Capital is currently recruiting students for the first cohort this spring. Students in the program must attend Capital full time this fall and enroll in our PACT program which provides free tuition and fees. BTM Scholars will have an assigned mentor and receive additional support in preparation for their eventual transfer to Morehouse College (target fall 2024).
BTM is an initiative within our Brother 2 Brother (B2B) mentoring program. BTM Scholars must participate in the B2B Program and an application for all interested candidates will be released March 15. For more information about B2B, click here.
How do I enroll in the Bridge to Morehouse program?
- Graduate from a CT high school or complete your GED
- Apply for admission to Capital Community College
- Apply for Federal Student (FAFSA) and the PACT program
- Complete the Brother 2 Brother application
- Schedule and complete a BTM interview
- If accepted into the B2B/BTM program, attend the summer orientation (August 2022)
Articulation Agreement Details
- Morehouse College prefers that transfer students obtain an associate’s degree, or approximately 60 credit hours prior to transfer, combined with a cumulative grade point average of a 2.7 or better. All applicants not meeting these standards will be referred to Capital Community College office of academic advising for additional coursework or a pathway towards academic success whenever possible. Both institutions will work together to mutually support the needs of their students, and the needs of their respective partner institutions.
– Capital Community College will allow transfer students who indicate their interest in applying to Morehouse College prior to the completion of their associate’s degree if the student achieves no less than 30 credit hours and less than 59 hours with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- Students transferring with an associate’s degree will receive credit for all coursework of which a grade of “C” or better has been earned in their degree program and shall enter Morehouse College with junior status. This is applicable for the Bachelor of Arts and/or the bachelor of science degree program. Students will still need to meet the curricular requirements of a First Year Experience course and Crown Forum credits to ensure their graduation from Morehouse College.
- All transfer students must submit official transcripts to Morehouse College in order to receive their Transfer Credit Evaluation. The Transfer Credit Evaluation will outline credit transfer and provide information on remaining requirements for degree completion.
- Transfer students must complete a minimum of 60 hours in residence with Morehouse College to satisfy academic requirements. (The final 60 credit hours must be completed at Morehouse College.)
- Transfer students must meet all catalog requirements for their degree program.
Capital Community College and Morehouse College will work together to ensure that transferable credits from the partner institution meet the equivalency requirements necessary to complete their Morehouse College bachelor’s degree in the subscribed amount of time.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 860-906-5088