The Welcome and Advising Center (WAC) provides a nurturing and safe student-centered environment and will foster an environment conducive to learning; that will help prepare students to realize their academic potential and reach their professional goals.
- Help prospective students understand the first steps to take to become a student at Capital Community College and complete the informational process ( college application and new student checklist).
- Prepare students for the college experience by familiarizing them with what to expect.
- Conduct New Student Registration Sessions, Campus Tours, and New Student Orientation.
- Provide students with resources to help them succeed in college
- Help all students adjust to the academic rigors of Capital Community College.
- Help students understand the connections between current academic majors and future educational or career options.
- Provide greater opportunity for student development through college readiness programs, cultural and enrichment workshops, college resources, and civic engagement experiences.
For additional information, contact the Welcome and Advising Center at (860) 906-5077 or CA-WelcomeCenter@capitalcc.edu. We are located on the second floor of Capital Community College.