Students entering into their second semester at Capital will receive an email from an academic advisor regarding next semester registration. ALL FYR sessions will be facilitated in MICROSOFT TEAMS.
- Assist students in understanding and navigating myCommNet (college email, locating faculty advisor, grades, and black board).
- Review Plan of Study and educate first year students on course sequence.
- Review the benefits of being a full-time student.
- Connect students to academic resources (ASC, tutoring etc.) and clubs and organizations
- Students on probation will be referred to the RISE program.
- Continue career and major planning (FOCUS 2).
- Connect students to Transfer counselor.
- Provide students with their assigned advisor or faculty advisor and steps to building connections with an advisor.
- Register for second semester courses.