Mandatory for all first-year students (entering into their second semester at Capital)
The purpose of First Year Registration sessions (FYR) is to bridge all first-year students (second semester students up to 16 credits with no transfer credit) from first semester to second semester, and increase retention of first year students at Capital Community College.
All first-year students entering into their second semester at Capital Community College are required to attend a FYR session to review first semester grades, degree works, majors/careers, and register for courses.
- Assist students in understanding and navigating myCommNet (college email, locating faculty advisor, grades, and black board).
- Review Plan of Study and educate first year students on course sequence.
- Review the benefits of being a full-time student.
- Connect students to academic resources (ASC, tutoring etc.) and clubs and organizations
- Students on probation will be referred to the RISE program.
- Continue career and major planning (FOCUS 2).
- Connect students to Transfer counselor.
- Provide students with their assigned advisor or faculty advisor and steps to building connections with an advisor.
- Register for second semester courses.