HOW TO REGISTER FOR SPRING 2019 COURSES
- In-Person registration for Spring 2019 will be available starting on Monday, November 12, 2018.
- Financial Aid application (FAFSA) priority deadline – December 1, 2018
- Admissions application priority deadline – January 18, 2019
- First day of Spring classes – January 24, 2019
- Last to add a class – January 30, 2019
1. SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
• Visit the Admissions Office Webpage to learn how to submit an application, or fill out included form.
• Visiting students can apply as Non-Degree students with no additional documentation needed. Non-Degree students are not eligible for Financial Aid.
• Once you have been admitted to CCC, you will be e-mailed a Student ID number and will be eligible to register for courses.
2. SET UP YOUR MYCOMMNET ACCOUNT & REGISTER FOR CLASSES
• Go to myCommNet: http://my.commnet.edu.
• Your NetID is your 8-digit student ID number followed by @ccc.commnet.edu
• If you have never logged into myCommNet before, your password is:
• 1st three characters of birth month (with first letter capitalized)
• Ampersand character (&)
• Last 4 digits of social security number.
• You will be asked to change your password and set a security question the first time you log-on.
• Visit the Registrar’s Office for myCommNet course schedule & registration instructions.
• If the course you wish to register for has a pre-requisite, you must provide evidence of having met the requirement
to the Counseling Office before your registration will be permitted. If needed, submit a Pre-Requisite Waiver Request
Form along with unofficial transcripts to the Counseling Office.
• Once registered, print your “Student Detail Schedule Form.”
3. MAKE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS THE SAME DAY THAT YOU REGISTER
• Registrations without payment MAY be subject to cancellation.
• Credit card payments can be made by logging into myCommNet.
4. GET YOUR STUDENT ID & TEXTBOOKS
• Bring your “Student Detail Schedule” Form with you
• The ID office is in Room 714 and the College Bookstore is located in Room 705.
5. GET YOUR MORGAN STREET GARAGE PARKING PASS
• Visit the Garage Office all other times. Bring your Student Detail Schedule Form, driver’s license and license plate number with you.
RETURNING STUDENTS: REGISTER ONLINE FOR SPRING 2019
• Go to: http://my.commnet.edu
• Enter: NetID (ex: email@example.com) & password, (same ID & password used on college computers)
• Click: Login
• Click on the Student Tab
• Click on the Student Self-Service Channel link
• If prompted, Select: Capital Community College
• Select: Registration and Payment
• Select Term: Spring 2019 and click submit
• Select: Register (add/drop) classes
• Enter CRN: (4 digits) for each course section in boxes and click Submit Changes
• Verify registration was successful – registration status displays **Web Registered**
• Follow link at bottom of registration screen to make payment with a credit card (MasterCard/Visa/ Discover).
|Spring 2019 Registration Information (PDF)|
|Thursday, January 17||New Student Orientation|
|Monday, January 21||Martin Luther King Jr. Day – College Closed|
|Wednesday, January 23||Last Day for a Full Tuition Refund.|
|Thursday, January 24||Classes Begin|
|Thursday, January 24||First Day for Partial Tuition Refund. Fees are non-refundable.|
|Wednesday, January 30||Last Day to Add a Class|
|Wednesday, February 6||Last Day to Drop a Class|
|Wednesday, February 6||Last Day for Partial Tuition Refund. Fees are non-refundable.|
|Thursday, February 7||Withdrawal Period Begins|
|Tuesday, February 12||Lincoln’s Birthday – College Open, Classes Held|
|Friday, February 15||College Open, No Classes|
|Saturday, February 16||College Closed, No Classes|
|Monday, February 18||Washington’s Birthday – College Closed, No Classes|
|Thursday, February 21||Last Day to Change to/from Audit Status|
|Monday, March 11 –
Sunday, March 17
|Spring Recess – No Classes|
|Monday, March 18||Spring Recess Ends – Classes Resume|
|Monday, March 18 – Monday, March 25||Mid Term Grades Due|
|Monday, April 1 – Friday, April 26||Academic Advising Weeks|
|Thursday, April 11||Last Day to Resolve Incompletes from Previous Semester|
|Friday, April 19||Good Friday –
College Closed, No Classes
|Saturday, April 20||College Closed, No Classes|
|Thursday, April 25||Last Day to Withdraw|
|Thursday, May 9||Reading Day No Classes|
|Saturday, May 11||Last Day of Classes|
|Monday, May 13||Final Exams Begin|
|Saturday, May 18||Final Exams End|
|Monday, May 20||Final Exam Make-Up Day for College being closed in semester, e.g., weather|
|Wednesday, May 22||Final Grades Due|
|Thursday, May 23||Commencement|
|Saturday, June 1||Semester Ends|