What is the SNAP Education & Training Program?
The SNAP Education and Training Program provides short-term job training and support services to eligible individuals receiving nutritional assistance. Scholarships are offered for a variety of certificate programs in multiple employment industries.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible if you:
- receive SNAP benefits from the Department of Social Services;
- are NOT receiving TFA/TANF;
- are able and motivated to obtain employment upon successful completion of your program;
- and have not previously received a SNAP E&T scholarship.
*Final scholarship eligibility is determined by the program coordinator in collaboration with the Connecticut Department of Social Services.
How do I apply?
- Choose your program.
- Please contact us at CA-Learnmore@capitalcc.edu to enroll in a program. Staff is working remotely and are available to assist you.
- Make a commitment and plan ahead to succeed!
|Accounting/Bookkeeping Clerk||Administrative Medical Assistant|
|CNA – Certified Nurse’s Aide||CNA Refresher
|Patient Care Technician (Coming Soon)||Pharmacy Technician|
|Prep Cook (Coming Soon)||Safety & Security Guard|
|Social Services Assistant||Sound Engineer/Technician|
Download a brochure for printing and sharing. SNAP E & T Brochure
SNAP E & T Information
Joette Johnson, Program Coordinator
Rajashri Paricharak, Continuing Education Aide
Wendy Andino-Williams, Data & Career Specialist