2019-2020 Academic Year
- 1,905* is the number of Capital Community College individual visits to museums and theaters in the 2019-20 academic year made possible by the Hartford Heritage Project and its partners.
- 491 visited the Wadsworth Atheneum, including 18 class tours comprising 402 individuals, and 8 of those tours included exhibits created by the Amistad Center for Art and Culture. CCC partnered with the Atheneum and Amistad Center to offer ART 200 History of American Art on site as a fully place-based course. The regular critical observation sessions for Nursing students were cancelled after the first session due to COVID.
- 47 visited the Old State House & CCC offered POL 111 American Government on site as a fully place-based course.
- 30 visited the CT Science Center.
50 attended tours and events at the Harriet Beecher Stowe Center and Mark Twain House & Museum & CCC offered ENG 220 Studies in American Literature on site as a fully place-based course.
1,177 attended live performances at TheaterWorks (295), Hartford Stage (862), Sea Tea Improv (20), and HartBeat Ensemble (uncounted); in addition, Hartford Stage Teaching Artists conducted workshops in 23 classes, reaching over 382 students and One Play’s Meet the Actors drew 202 students to three separate events.
- 6 visited Connecticut Landmarks’ Butler-McCook House (Architecture), a decline as nursing programs at Isham-Terry House were cancelled due to the pandemic.
- 104 participated in One Note, our new partnership with the Hartford Symphony Orchestra & CCC offered MUS 222 Arts and Entertainment Management on site at the Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts as a fully place-based course.
*March-May activities were cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic