Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access the NewStudent Online Orientation?
Who has access to the New Student Online Orientation?
- All students accepted for Fall 2022 and beyond.
When can I access the New Student Online Orientation?
You can sign-in to complete the New Student Online Orientation 24-hours after being admitted to the college.
What is the estimated completion time?
- 30 – 45 minutes to fully complete.
I did not setup or log into myCommNet yet can I still access the New Student Online Orientation?
- No. You will need to log into myCommNet (Instructions)
I am a transfer or readmit student, do I need to complete the New Student Online Orientation?
- Yes, all students accepted for the Fall 2022 semester and beyond are encouraged to complete the online orientation fully.
Does the New Student Online Orientation have closed captioning?
- Yes. Closed Captioning is available in both English and Spanish.
What is the deadline to complete the New Student Online Orientation?
- You are encouraged to complete the New Student Online Orientation by September 1st.
Do I receive anything after completing the New Student Online Orientation?
- Yes, you will receive a Certificate of Completion which is emailed to your college email address. You are also automatically entered into a CT State Community College giveaway with a chance to win a bookstore voucher, swag bag and more.
What if I can’t finish the New Student Online Orientation in one sitting?
- That’s okay! You can complete the New Student Online Orientation at your own pace. It typically takes 30 to 45 minutes to complete fully.
Can I complete this on my cell phone or other mobile device?
- Yes, the New Student Online Orientation is accessible on all mobile, tablet and computer devices.
What do I do if I am unable to access the New Student Online Orientation?
Send an email to CT–StudentOnboarding@ct.edu
1. First and Last name
2. Student Banner ID number
3. Contact Number
What if I am unable to download my Certificate of Completion?
- First try clicking on the Certificate Tab found on the orientation dashboard. Click on
For Additional Assistance
For additional assistance click on the: Ask A Question tab, select the online support icon
within the orientation dashboard OR contact CT–StudentOnboarding@ct.edu