- 24hr. Crisis Intervention & Support
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- National Suicide Prevention
- Sexual Assault Crisis Hotline
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse
- Other Resources
- Dial 2-1-1 for additional resources
- SNAP – Click here for more information.
- Foodshare is providing food assistance. Click here for more information.
- Cox is offering free or discounted WiFi.
- Spectrum is offering free Wi-Fi to students for 60 days call 1.844.488.8395
- Comcast is also offering free Wi-Fi for 60 days to new low-income families as well as opening their Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots to everyone for free.
- Altice through Optimum and Suddenlink is offering free internet connectivity for 60 days.
- Optimum is also offering access though their special Wi-Fi hotspots SSID: optimumwifiemergency.
Call the numbers below for further information on getting internet at your home
- 866.200.9522 to enroll in Optimum region
- 888.633.0030 to enroll in Suddenlink region
- AT&T is also offering public access to their Wi-Fi Hotspots for free. There are also offering internet access for qualifying limited income households at $10 a month through our Access from AT&T program.
Capital Community College Microgrants are a one time grant that are here to support you! They are designed to cover an emergency or hardship you might be experiencing.
- Homelessness or sudden loss of housing
- Fire in living quarters
- Threat of eviction
- Overdue utility bills/turn-off notice
- Theft of computer, books, clothing or other essential belonging
- Medical/Dental emergencies
- Temporary loss of job or income
- Loss of childcare
- Victims of Violence
- Other (you may give an explanation of your emergency in personal statement)
- To cover previous college debts
- To pay for legal representation
- This funding is not intended to replace existing financial aid
- have proof of a financial hardship resulting from an emergency, accident, job or housing loss, health issue or other unexpected critical incident;
- be a currently enrolled student in good academic standing (2.0 GPA and above)
- complete all questions in full on the application and submit supporting documentation.
Obligations of Student recipients:
- Grants do NOT have to be repaid.
- Grants awarded to students range from $50 – $750.
ON-CAMPUS INCOME TAX ASSISTANCE
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) has been suspended until further notice. The IRS filing deadline has been extended until July 15. Individuals looking for a free self-service option to prepare a simple tax return can go to myfreetaxes.com. For additional assistance or questions, please contact Hannah Gregory at email@example.com.
- Are you unemployed due to coronavirus (COVID19)? Click here.
- For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) click here.