General FAQs for Students

Commonly Asked Questions  

Where do I reset my password? 

Please call the Help Desk at 860-723-0221 for any password related issues.  

Where do I change my major?  

Students can find the change of major on the Registrar’s page. It should be filled out and emailed to  

The form can be found here: 

Where can I get help with FAFSA? 

Questions about the financial aid process can be emailed to 

How do I apply for graduation?  

Graduates should be filling out a graduation application in order for the Registrar’s office to confer your degree and order your diploma.  The fillable application can be found on the Counseling Department webpage and should be filled out, saved and emailed along with the Degree Evaluation to 

How do I pay my bill?  

Outstanding balances can be paid via using your credit card, debit card or checking account information.  You can also mail checks or money orders to Capital Community College, Bursar’s Office, 950 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06103. 

Login to myCommNet 

Banner Self-Service  

  1. Click on “Billing/Payment”
  2. Click on “My Account/Payment Information”
  3. Click on “Student Account and Payment Center
  4. Click on “Make Payment”
  5. Follow the prompts for payment details.

 How do I run my Degree Evaluation? 

Instructions on how to run and how to read your degree evaluation can be found here:  

 Where do I go for advising? 

If you are currently taking classes for your first semester as a college student and looking to register for your second semester, you will need to register through a First Year Registration (FYR) session.  You can sign up for a session here:   

If you are registering for your third semester or beyond and are in General Studies or Liberal Arts major, you will want to register through a GS/LAS WebEx advising session. You can sign up for a session here: 

If you are registering for your third semester or beyond and plan to apply to the Nursing or Rad Tech programs next year or beyond, you should sign up for a Pre-RN or Pre-Rad Tech WebEx advising session here: 

If you are a student in any other major going into their third semester or beyond, you should contact your assigned advisor by email. Instructions on how to find your advisor can be found here:  

 How do I register for y classes if I know which ones I need? 

Check out the Registrar’s page for instructions on how to register online: 

How do I take or get support for an online class? 

Check out our Distance Learning page for information about using Blackboard for online courses: 

What do I do if I receive a “Pre-Requisite/Test Score Error” when I Attempt to Register? 

You will first need to ensure you have completed the appropriate pre-requisite course and show proof of this prior to being able to register. You can always check course descriptions and registration requirements in the back of our college catalog found here: 

To show proof of pre-requisite completion, fill out the Pre-Requisite Waiver Request Form found on the Counseling page and email the filled out and saved form along with your unofficial transcripts to 

 I do not know how to logon to myCommnet. Who can help me? 

There is info about logging on to myCommnet portal for the first time can be found here: