Leadership, Excellence, Achievement & Development
What is the L.E.A.D. Center?
Here at Capital Community College, we are ready to Lead with Excellence and provide opportunities for Achievement and Development for our community. The new center, located on the 3rd floor, brings together dedicated faculty, staff, and expertise to assure that you succeed, whether you are seeking your first job, a better job, or furthering your career.
The L.E.A.D. Center can help you:
- Enroll in in-demand workforce and professional development training to enter a new career, change, or advance your career through the School of Workforce & Continuing Education
- Become financially independent through the Financial Independence to Reach Success and Transformation (F.I.R.S.T.) Center
- Be a part of nationally recognized, paid internship and apprenticeship programs at The Hartford, Travelers, Aetna, or UnitedHealth
- Develop your resume and cover letter or prepare for an upcoming job interview at the Career and Talent Development office
I want to…
|Land a paid internship at the nation’s top insurance and financial services companies||John Thomas, 860-906-5234
|Get advice on my resume and cover letter and assistance applying for jobs||Hannah Gregory, 860-906-5080
|Become financially independent and learn how to balance my budget||Hannah Gregory, 860-906-5080
|Obtain a certificate in less than 12 weeks or take a professional development class||Odile Dilone, 860-906-5031
|Find out how SNAP can fund my professional certificate||Joette Johnson, 860-906-5031
|Know more about the L.E.A.D. Center||860-906-5330
MESSAGE FROM THE DEAN, L.E.A.D. CENTER
Welcome to Capital Community College’s L.E.A.D. Center – your resource for new and innovative programming to enhance your skills and knowledge.
The speed of change in the business world has increased vastly over the past decade. We want to help you keep up with these changes and improve your marketability. And we are doing so, by constantly looking at current workforce trends to provide you with new courses to help you improve or refresh your skill set.
Whatever your learning style, we can accommodate you – from courses on campus and online, nights and weekends, accelerated career training certificates, and private courses!
Capital’s Non-credit Programs Offer:
- Valuable short-term training career training to help you enter or change career fields. (link to the Courses page)
- New or expanded skills for career advancement, in as little as one day (link to Courses page)
- Online continuing education learning (move the Online page to Courses page, and link to Courses page)
- Practical hands-on knowledge
- Reasonable prices
- Payment options (link to Payments page)
- Scholarships available for career-training certificates (link to Payments page)
- Expert faculty with real world experience
- Free career planning and job search assistance (link to Career Services page)
- State-of-the-art training facilities
- Free parking
DR. LINDA GUZZO, Ed.D. Dean, L.E.A.D. Center