In partnership with several Hartford area non-profits, the FIRST Center offers the following services to students and community members:
* Money Management for Life (BFN110) – Free, 3-credit course offered every semester that provides a comprehensive overview of financial literacy topics such as budgeting, credit and debt management, insurance, and investing
* Free financial literacy and career readiness workshops every semester
* Lending library and free resources
* Referrals to services offered by partner organizations
* Budget coaching
* Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) in the Spring semester
* A community advocate from Connecticut Women’s Education and Legal Fund during the academic year
The FIRST Center was founded with generous support from Guardian Life Insurance Company of America and in partnership with partner organizations, Center for Urban Research, Education, and Training, Connecticut Women’s Education and Legal Fund, United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut, and Hartford Community Loan Fund.
If you are currently a student at CCC and are having financial difficulties, or would like to learn more about our free and confidential services, contact Hannah Gregory at (860) 906-5080, email@example.com, or room 314D.
Tel: (860) 906-5080