This course includes the American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
NOTE: Background checks are required for most allied health positions. Students with felony convictions may have difficulty obtaining employment in these fields.
- Advanced Patient Care Skills
- Cultural Awareness
- Introduction to Computers
- Introduction to EKG
- Introduction to Phlebotomy
- Introduction to Health Careers and Educational
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (American Heart Association)
- First Aid (American Heart Association)
- Must possess a current CNA certification.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Basic Math: includes addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals, metric measurements and solving simple word problems
- Basic English: includes oral, reading and written communication skills
Course Code: HMED G5228
Not offered at this time
The Connecticut Department of Labor reports that employment in this occupation is expected to grow more slowly than average, but the number of annual openings will offer excellent job opportunities. As a Patient Care Technician you may expect your entry-level rate to be approximately $13.10 per hour and the average annual income is noted as $33,913 in Connecticut.