Textbook, Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers and the fee for a national certification test are included in the course cost.
NOTE: Background checks are required for most allied health positions. Students with felony convictions may have difficulty obtaining employment in these fields.
- Key customer service concepts
- Basic anatomy & physiology of cardiovascular system
- How to calculate heart rate
- How to identify sinus atrial, AV junction, ventricular and AV block rhythms
- 12-lead ECG interpretation, including myocardial infarction
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Healthcare training and one year of healthcare experience preferred
- Basic Math: includes addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and metric measurements
- Basic English: includes oral, written and reading communication skills
Coming again this fall