Are you interested in working in an acute or out-patient healthcare setting? Do you think you would enjoy collecting valuable health data? Are you currently employed and looking to enhance your career mobility? Are you a current EKG Technicians seeking certification in this field? This 60 hour course may be for you! Students will explore real life scenarios in classroom and laboratory environments and prepare for the Certified EKG Technician certification by the National Healthcareer Association.
Textbook, Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers and one voucher for the certification test are included in the course cost.NOTE: Background checks are required for most allied health positions. Students with felony convictions may have difficulty obtaining employment in these fields.
- Key customer service concepts
- Basic anatomy & physiology of cardiovascular system
- How to calculate heart rate
- How to identify sinus atrial, AV junction, ventricular and AV block rhythms
- 12-lead ECG interpretation, including myocardial infarction
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Healthcare training and one year of healthcare experience preferred
- Basic Math: includes addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and metric measurements
- Basic English: includes oral, written and reading communication skills
Course Code: HMED G5385