You will learn everything you wanted to know about food in this program. Topics include growing food and procurement methods, menu planning, quantity production and cost control, food delivery and production systems, kitchen layout and design, customer satisfaction and quality improvement, sanitation and safety, and the culinary arts of preparing and presenting delicious, nutritious meals.
You will take the ServSafe Certification exam during this course.
- Sanitation and Safety Fundamentals
- Servsafe Certification
- Tools, Utensils and Equipment
- Cold Foods: Salads and Dressings
- Hot Foods: Vegetables, Starches, Pastas & Grains
- Terminology, Record Keeping & Service
- Introduction to Breakfast, Meat & Fish
- Knife Skills
- Regulatory Issues
- Path from Training to Career
- High school diploma or GED recommended
- Basic computer skills
- Pass assessment test for math. Call our Customer Service Center at (860) 906-5130 to schedule testing. Individuals with college experience may request the assessment tests be waived.
Course Code: FOOD G5160