You will take the ServSafe Certification exam during this course.
- Sanitation and Safety Fundamentals
- Servsafe Certification
- Tools, Utensils and Equipment
- Cold Foods: Salads and Dressings
- Hot Foods: Vegetables, Starches, Pastas & Grains
- Terminology, Record Keeping & Service
- Introduction to Breakfast, Meat & Fish
- Knife Skills
- Regulatory Issues
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Basic computer skills: include navigating in windows, internet searching, and data entry
- Basic Math: includes addition, subtractions, multiplication, division, fractions, Standard English and Metric measurements
- Basic English: includes oral, written and reading communication skills
Course Code: FOOD G5160
The Connecticut Department of Labor reports that employment in this occupation is expected to grow faster than average, and the number of annual job openings will offer excellent job opportunities. As a Preparation Cook you may expect your entry-level rate to be approximately $11.21 and the average annual income is noted as $30,941 in Connecticut.