NOTE: Background checks are required for most allied health positions. Students with felony convictions may have difficulty obtaining employment in these fields.
- Introduction to the World of a CHW
- Communication & Health Literacy
- Use of Public Health Concepts & Application
- Coaching for Chronic Health Conditions
- Outreach & Advocacy
- Care Coordination and System Navigation
- Documentation, Reporting, and Outcome Management
- Legal, Ethical and Professional Conduct
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Basic Computer skills: including navigating windows, writing and sending email, searching the internet and data entry
- Basic English including oral, written and reading skills
Course Code: HMED G5382
Date: Coming Spring 2020
The Connecticut Department of Labor reports employment in this occupation is expected to grow faster than average, and the number of annual openings will offer good job opportunities. As a Community Health Worker, you may expect your entry-level rate to be approximately $13.81 per hour and the average annual income is noted as $38,090 in Connecticut.