NOTE: Background checks are required for most allied health positions. Students with felony convictions may have difficulty obtaining employment in these fields.
- Introduction to the World of a CHW
- Communication & Health Literacy
- Use of Public Health Concepts & Application
- Coaching for Chronic Health Conditions
- Outreach & Advocacy
- Care Coordination and System Navigation
- Documentation, Reporting, and Outcome Management
- Legal, Ethical and Professional Conduct
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Basic Computer skills: including navigating windows, writing and sending email, searching the internet and data entry
- Basic English including oral, written and reading skills
Course Code: HMED G5382 CRN 1572
Date: Not offered at this time
Instructor: N. Bishop
The Connecticut Department of Labor reports employment in this occupation is expected to grow faster than average, and the number of annual openings will offer good job opportunities. As a Community Health Worker, you may expect your entry-level rate to be approximately $13.81 per hour and the average annual income is noted as $38,090 in Connecticut.