NOTE: Background checks are required for most allied health positions. Students with felony convictions may have difficulty obtaining employment in these fields.
- Introduction to the World of a CHW
- Communication & Health Literacy
- Use of Public Health Concepts & Application
- Coaching for Chronic Health Conditions
- Outreach & Advocacy
- Care Coordination and System Navigation
- Documentation, Reporting, and Outcome Management
- Legal, Ethical and Professional Conduct
- Path from Training to Career
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic Computer skills
- Pass assessment test for math and reading. Call our Customer Service Center at (860) 906-5130 to schedule testing. Individuals with college experience may request the assessment tests be waived.
Course Code: HMED G5382
Date: 4/16/19 to 7/3/19 (No class 5/23)
Day/Time: Tue/Wed/Thurs, 6pm to 9pm