Secretaries and office professionals are the welcoming face of an organization. They play a valuable part in an office setting and provide more than just office assistance. Secretaries coordinate events, keep track of inventory and orders, provide customer service and maintain scheduling.
This course will provide you with practical, hands-on office skills to allow you to handle the day to day activities in the most efficient manner. Topics include: customer service, planning and scheduling, time management, record-keeping, business documents, the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and introduction to QuickBooks Pro.
- MS Office Basics: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Business Communication
- Office Organization
- Business Math Refresher
- Record Keeping and Report Writing
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Time Management & Multi-tasking
- Problem-solving & Decision-making
- Professional Presence
- Introduction to QuickBooks
- Path from Training to Career
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills
- Pass assessment tests for reading and math. Call our Customer Service Center at (860) 906-5130 to schedule testing. Individuals with college experience may request the assessment tests be waived.
Course Code: AOP G5034
Coming Spring 2020