The Capital Community College Purchase Order (Form B) is the vendor’s authority to provide and invoice for the goods and/or services specified. PO’s are generated by the Purchasing Department directly from the requirements outlined on the approved purchase requisitions. The PO covers the essential elements of the purchase and conveys all the necessary purchasing requirements, term and conditions.
How your Purchase Requisition is Converted into a Purchase Order
When the requisition is received, the Purchasing Department does the following:
- Reviews the requisition to determine that all required data is provided to assure prompt processing of the order.
- Determines if the items for purchase are available using an existing State Contract, State Certified Small or Minority Vendor or needs to go through the bidding process.
- Enters the requisition in Banner to be forwarded to the Director of Finance for final approval.
- Approved purchase order is printed and forwarded to the vendor as an approved purchase.
- Return yellow copy of purchase requisition to originator with assigned purchase order number indicating that the order has been placed