Let’s learn together
The Academic Success Center is dedicated to providing a safe and welcoming environment for students to learn and succeed.
Tutoring will be available this fall by appointment, both on campus and online.
Math (all levels) ~ Writing (all subjects) ~ English ~ Spanish ~ ESL ~ Chemistry ~ Biology ~ Business ~ Computers ~ Psychology ~ Criminal Justice ~ Early Childhood Education ~ Sociology ~ Music ~ Nursing ~ CNA ~ Architecture ~ Study Skills & many more!
To request a tutoring appointment:
- Please complete the following form.
- Check your college email within 24 hours for an appointment confirmation and instructions for how to join an online tutoring session in Microsoft Office Teams.
- Use these links to view the instructions and watch the video for how to join a tutoring session in Microsoft Teams.
via Microsoft Office Teams
Masks and 6 feet social distancing required
Computer Lab Sign-Up:
The computer lab in Room 423 is now open on an appointment-only basis for students to work independently.
- Available days & times: Mondays & Thursdays 9:30am-1:30pm, Tuesdays & Wednesdays 1:30pm-5:30pm.
- Reserve time on the computer for 30 minute, 60 minute, or 120 minute blocks by completing this form.
- Check your college email within a few minutes for an appointment confirmation.
- Please sit at the computer station labeled with the same number as the station confirmed in your appointment.
- Masks and social distancing required.
weekly workshops: Easy-to-access online support is just one click away!
Get help using email, OneDrive, Webex, Microsoft Teams, MyCommnet, and accessing all features of Blackboard.
To join, click on one of the following live session links.
Get a virtual tour of our services and learn how online tutoring works from an ASC staff member.
To join, click on one of the following live session links:
All tutors are ready to help you develop effective study strategies. The ASC Learning Specialist is also available to work with you one-on-one. You can receive personalized support to improve your organization, reading comprehension, writing, note taking, memorizing, and exam preparation. Information exploring how to combat procrastination and test anxiety is also available. To make an appointment with the Learning Specialist, fill out this form.
Services for Students with Disabilities
- Extended tutoring
- Assistive technology
- One-on-one conferences with the ASC Learning Specialist to help with study strategies and utilizing the accommodations set up by the office of Disability Services. To make an appointment with the Learning Specialist, fill out this form.
If you have a documented disability that impacts your learning and you would like to learn more about receiving accommodations, visit Capital’s Disability Services website or email your questions to CA-Disabilities@ccc.commnet.edu.
College Academic Transitions (CAT) PROGRAM
Build your skills and confidence before taking a math or English course
The College Academic Transitions (CAT) Program includes a free online workshop that will help you learn and practice the concepts and skills necessary to qualify for and succeed in English and math courses.
Please click here to enroll in our fall session, which runs every Tuesday 4:30pm to 6:30pm, from September 8 through December 1.
For more information about any of our programs and services, please email CA-ASC@ccc.commnet.edu or call 860.906.5200.
Academic Success Center