Access your Bb courses through the myCommNet portal.
The AMT department provides instructional design services, training, and technical support to faculty members teaching with Blackboard Learn, adhering to “best practices” in online instructional delivery. AMT staff also offer tech support to students having trouble with functionality or navigation of the Bb interface. Good course design can alleviate many navigation issues, and is essential to instructional effectiveness and student success.
Support for Students…
- Watch “Navigating Your Course in Blackboard Learn”.
- View other video tutorials at the ConnSCU EdTech Training Channel on YouTube, and at the Blackboard Inc. Channel for Students.
- Attend an Orientation Workshop for a brief tour of the Bb course environment and to learn the basic features and tools. Check the current schedule of workshops below.
- New online student workshop
- All sessions are held in Room 401 and run approx. 30 minutes.
- Jan. 9 @ 4:00pm
- Jan. 12 @ 3:00pm
- Jan. 17@ 4:30pm ** If classes are cancelled, this workshop will be postponed until Thursday, January 18 at 4:30pm.
- Contact the AMT office during normal business hours for tech support issues (questions regarding course content should be directed to the instructor).
- After hours, contact the off-site Bb Tech Support Hotline at 1-860-723-0221.
- Visit the ConnSCU Web Support Center at http://cscu.edusupportcenter.com/ for FAQs, tips/guides, other related support resources, and to submit a tech-support help ticket.
How to be a successful online student
Support for Faculty…
- Watch this brief video for an orientation to Bb course design tools and features. Navigating Blackboard Learn
- View other video tutorials at the ConnSCU EdTech Training Channel on YouTube, and at the Blackboard Inc. Channel for Instructors.
- Attend a Training Workshop for detailed instructions on how to incorporate Bb tools into your course. Check the current schedule of workshops across the ConnSCU system at https://calendar.ct.edu/
- After some basic training and familiarity with Bb, consult with the AMT department for online course design assistance.
Start of semester
(860) 906-5030 | Room 1031