Skip to content
- Person must be old enough to consent. The age of consent in Connecticut is 16 years of age.
- Agreeing to specific sexual behavior willingly.
- Consent is active; both parties say “yes”.
- Consent is ongoing and can be withdrawn at any time without fear or explanation.
- Obtaining consent is the responsibility of the individual initiating the sexual contact.
- Consent is a must for every form of sexual activity every time. A person has the right to withdraw consent even if that person has consented to sexual activity with that individual in the past.
- Consent is not valid if there is force, threats, intimidation, or coercion used.
- Consent is not valid when judgment is impaired by the use of alcohol,/drugs or if the person not initiating is sleeping or unconscious.