2006

mfudge

The College confers 400 associate degrees and certificates — the largest class in history — marking four years of enrollment growth at the downtown campus.

2002

mfudge

The College moves to a consolidated campus at 950 Main Street.

2000

mfudge

Capital Community-Technical College becomes Capital Community College.

1992

mfudge

Greater Hartford Community College merges with Hartford State Technical College in a state-mandated consolidation. The new institution is re-named Capital Community-Technical College.

1974

mfudge

Greater Hartford Community College re-locates to the former Phoenix Insurance Company building at 61 Woodland Street in the city’s Asylum Hill neighborhood.

1967

mfudge

The State Technical Institute becomes Hartford State Technical College with Thomas V. Raimondi as its first president.

1967

mfudge

Greater Hartford Community College is founded and enrolls 339 students at classroom facilities in the city’s historic South Meadows. Arthur C. Banks, Jr. becomes its first president.

1960

mfudge

Hartford State Technical Institute opens a new campus at 401 Flatbush Avenue

1950

mfudge

The school’s name is changed to Hartford State Technical Institute

1948

mfudge

The Engineering Institute holds its first commencement